Written by Australian Dog Lover 11:18:00 - 0 Comments
Pound Paws will be hosting a fundraising event in partnership with the Double Bay Chamber of Commerce. Double Bay Dog Day will take place in Guilfoyle Park, Double Bay on Saturday 13th August, 2016.
The aim of the event is to raise awareness about the importance of choosing to adopt instead of shop, as well as providing fun for the whole family and their four-legged companions in Double Bay.
Pound Paws is a not-for-profit organisation which assists in the re-homing of dogs & cats in Australian pounds and rescue centres. Their website's unique search engine allows you to search for breeds, age, size and lifestyle match from its large database of pets available for adoption all over Australia.
There will be lots of fun activities ranging from:
• A Rescue Dog Walk - displaying lots of cute dogs available for adoption from different pounds & rescue centres.
• Dog Competitions for you to enter your own pet into. The categories include: Best Dressed Dog, Best Dog Walk & Best Dog Trick
• Dog Finger Painting
• Face Painting
• Face Painting
• Live Music Performances
• Pet Stalls - pet treats, information etc.
• Food Stalls - vegan treats & savoury snacks for owners
• Pop-up Photo Booth & much more!
Come and join them for a fun dog day and speak out for those who can't.
When: Saturday 13th August, from 10am till 2pm
Where: Guilfoyle Park, Double Bay, Sydney, NSW
Registration for dogs is $10 which will include a fun goodie bag for your dog's participation.
For all the details or to book your ticket, visit eventbrite.com.au